- Find a place where you can sit alone with God.
- Ask God to show you how he’s working in your life and what losses will ensue. Or remember a time in the past when you lost a part of your false self.
- Ponder those losses. Pay attention to them. Feel them. See how important they are—and then choose to lose your plans, your dreams, your security, your safety.
- Ask God to give you a glimpse of the new you he’s creating, of the joy that is to come when you see how God is transforming you.
- Say goodbye to what you’re losing and thank God for what new things he’s building in you.